Second Wave of Detroiter-Only FCA Job Recruitment Starts January 2020
Detroit at Work is running a second wave of FCA Job Readiness events January - March, 2020 to help prepare Detroiters for another exclusive opportunity to apply for jobs at the new FCA Detroit facility first!
The FCA Job application window will open in April 2020.
If you already attended and completed a Detroit at Work FCA Job Readiness event in 2019, and completed the requirements, you DO NOT have to attend another event. You will automatically receive an application link at the email address you originally supplied.
If you have not attended an event here’s how to get on the FCA list to receive a job application link:
• Click here to register and sign up to attend a FCA Job Readiness event. There will be over 400 events across the city.
• Watch your email for a link from Detroit at Work, telling you how to complete the registration process and select a Job Readiness event to attend – you will receive an email confirmation with information on your event.
• Attend your selected Job Readiness event and complete the required activities
That’s it! Once completed, you will automatically be added to the FCA list and you will receive a FCA application link once the application window opens.
Remember, in order to be eligible to apply for one of the positions with FCA you must:
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have a high-school diploma or equivalent
• Be able to pass a drug screen, including marijuana (which can stay in your system for 45+ days)
• Pass a basic mechanical reasoning and behavioral assessment
• Have a federal or state photo ID to prove you are a Detroit resident
Detroit at Work can also provide you with workshops to help you – more details will be available at job readiness events.
If you are already registered but did not complete a job readiness event in 2019, then click here to login to your account! If you need to create a new account, click here.
What’s it like to work at FCA?
You may be wondering what it’s like to work in a manufacturing facility. Watch the FCA video below to get a better understanding of what the job involves.
Frequently Asked Questions
FCA Application Requirements Support
Detroit at Work will provide both resources and support to help you become ready for when the early application window opens. Resources and help will include:
- Assistance obtaining any documents you will need to complete the job application
- Assistance with preparing to complete the application
- Math and mechanical reasoning practice tests, as well as signing up for on-going support if required
- Answers to any questions you may have about FCA’s jobs or what is involved in the hiring process
These resources will be available at the Job Readiness Events, and also at Detroit at Work Career Centers. After visiting a Job Readiness Event, you are welcome to continue visiting Detroit at Work Career Centers for further support in any area where you feel you may need assistance.
Other Detroit at Work Supportive Services
Detroit at Work provides a wide range of barrier removal and supportive services for eligible Detroiters, including help with transportation, work-related clothing, tutoring and training, IDs and expungement. We can also offer residents access to a wide network of community partners for help with other needs. Come into one of our Career Centers today and talk to a member of staff.
Additional Salaried/Skilled Trades FCA Jobs for Detroiters
FCA is also making a number of salaried/skilled trades positions available to Detroiters. See details