FCA Job Readiness Events Are Online
Virtual Detroit At Work FCA Job Readiness Events are now available. Log into your Detroit at Work account and search “FCA Job Readiness” to register.
Join the online Detroit at Work community to access jobs, workshops and more. If you registered for FCA job opportunities and events, you already have an account and you can 'Sign In' using the email and password you used to register. If you do not have an account, please click 'Register Now' to create one. If you are unsure or need assistance, please call 313-962-WORK (9675).
Already have an account? Sign in here:
Detroit at Work is running a second wave of FCA Job Readiness events now to help prepare Detroiters for another exclusive opportunity to apply for jobs at the new FCA Detroit facility first!
- If you ALREADY ATTENDED and completed a Detroit at Work FCA Job Readiness event in 2019 or earlier this year, and completed the requirements, you DO NOT have to attend another event. You will automatically receive an application link at the email address you originally supplied.
- If you’re NOT SURE whether or not you are on the list, you can call our Customer Care Center on (313) 962-WORK (9675) to check your status.
- If you HAVE NOT attended an event, Register above and sign in to attend our virtual Job Readiness Event That’s it! Once completed, you will automatically be added to the FCA list and you will receive an FCA application link once the application window opens.
Remember, in order to be eligible to apply for one of the positions with FCA you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high-school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to pass a drug screen, including marijuana (which can stay in your system for 45+ days)
- Pass a basic mechanical reasoning and behavioral assessment
- Have a federal or state photo ID to prove you are a Detroit resident
Detroit at Work is also offering virtual tutoring to help you prepare for the application process. You can register for tutoring through your Detroit at Work profile or by calling 313-962-WORK (9675).
If you are already registered but did not complete a job readiness event in 2019, call our Customer Care Center to check your status, and select an event to attend if needed.
What’s it like to work at FCA?
You may be wondering what it’s like to work in a manufacturing facility. Watch the FCA video below to get a better understanding of what the job involves.
Frequently Asked Questions
FCA Application Requirements Support
Detroit at Work will provide both resources and support to help you become ready for when the early application window opens. Resources and help will include:
- Assistance obtaining any documents you will need to complete the job application
- Assistance with preparing to complete the application
- Math and mechanical reasoning practice tests, as well as signing up for on-going support if required
- Answers to any questions you may have about FCA’s jobs or what is involved in the hiring process
Call 313-962-WORK for further assistance accessing any of these resources.
Other Detroit at Work Supportive Services
Detroit at Work provides a wide range of barrier removal and supportive services for eligible Detroiters, including help with transportation, work-related clothing, tutoring and training, IDs and expungement. We can also offer residents access to a wide network of community partners for help with other needs. Call 313-962-WORK (9675) for further assistance.
Additional Salaried/Skilled Trades FCA Jobs for Detroiters
FCA is also making a number of salaried/skilled trades positions available to Detroiters. See details.