Whether you are looking to finish school, start a job training, enroll in college or get a job, Detroit at Work can help! Explore your options below and let us help you!
Detroit at Work’s Year-Round Youth Program targets Detroit youth and young adults, ages 14 – 24, who seek assistance completing high school, or those who have a high school diploma and want to continue their education or obtain employment. Program services are offered free of charge and focus on career awareness, skill building and paid work experiences. Participants can also receive a variety of supports to help ensure success, both during and after program completion.
Participants must live in Detroit, be 14 – 24 years old, and submit vital documents to prove age, residency and eligibility. Some programs accept Highland Park and Hamtramck residents as well.
- Assistance with High School Diploma or GED completion
- Career training that leads to credentials and employment
- Preparing and planning for 2- year or 4-year college enrollment
- Paid and unpaid work experiences
- Job Shadowing
- Job Readiness Training
- Career Coaching during enrollment and after program completion
- Stipends for training and career exploration
- Equipment, uniform & other work necessities provided
- Connections to transportation, childcare, health services and housing subsidies