Detroit At Work is NOW HIRING for Vehicle Operators!
Detroit At Work, on behalf of the City of Detroit, is hiring for Vehicle Operators. If you have a CDL-A or CDL-B license, you're encouraged to apply!
There are 14 openings. These are full-time seasonal positions, wages starting at $15.16.
VALID CLASS A OR B COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE WITH AIR BRAKE ENDORSEMENT REQUIRED
*START DATE MAY 18, 2020 - OCTOBER 1, 2020*
Under general supervision, a Vehicle Operator drives and operates special purpose vehicles and equipment consistent with the specified class evaluation factors.
- Drives and operates special purpose vehicles and equipment consistent with departmental standards and procedures.
- Operates mounted equipment, implements, and accessories associated with or attached to the vehicle.
- Loads and unloads materials or transported equipment.
- Plans sequence of operations.
- Changes various attachments.
- Directs the work activities of assigned helpers.
- Performs minor maintenance on assigned vehicles and equipment, including, but not limited to, cleaning and servicing with gasoline, diesel fuel, water, oil, and grease.
- Assists in performing repairs of vehicles and equipment during inclement weather.
- Assists crew of assigned vehicle.