Attend our info sessions on Thursday, December 12th to find opportunities in advanced manufacturing training courses offered by Macomb County Community College. These info sessions will provide background in each of the classes being offered and what students will be learning. All training results in jobs paying $15-18/hour. Day programs are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and evening programs are Monday through Friday 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Here’s an overview:
1. Robot Programmer (5- week day program*; 15-week evening program**)
• Prepare students to enter the field of robotics in a modern industrial setting. The program enables students to create, execute and test robot trajectories and programs necessary to incorporate robots with integrates processes.
2. Robot Technician (13-week program)
• Builds on the robotic programmer pathway to include an introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) used for machine communication. The program concentrates on Electrical Fundamentals, Motor Drives and Control, and Robot Electrical Troubleshooting.
3. Maintenance Technician (14-week program)
• A pathway for students who want to concentrate on on the Mechanical Aspects of the contemporary industry. The program includes Rigging/Robots Mechanical, Fanuc Robots, and Mechanical systems. Students will learn the Electrical Fundamentals and Motor Control, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) training.
4. Controls Technician (12-week program)
• Prepares students for an advanced manufacturing environment. The program concentrates on how machines coordinate and communicate in the assembly process. Topics covered include programming and trouble shooting of Programmable Logic Controllers PLCs), and Human Machine Interface (HMI) devices.
Date: Thursday, December 12th
Times: 8:30am - 11:30am and 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Location: Detroit at Work Career Center – Meyers
18100 Meyers Rd. Detroit, MI 48235
*All day programs are M-F 8am-5pm
**All evening programs are M-F 5pm-9pm