Detroit At Work is Hiring for Polling Inspectors!
The City of Detroit –Department of Elections and Detroit At Work are hosting recruitment events for polling inspectors at our Career Center - Meyers location. Check in time is at 8:30 a.m. We are looking for hard-working, team-oriented, dedicated people with a commitment to excellence in customer service. This is a great temporary opportunity to earn $175- $250 for work on March 10th. Those who work March 10th, will also be able to work future election days on August 4th and November 3rd.
Individuals must be available to attend 1-2 days of training. The training days are at least 3 hours each day; times for each day is scheduled by elections staff upon hire.
Recruitment events will take place on the following dates at our Career Center on 18100 Meyers:
- Friday, February 14th from 8:30 am to 12 noon
- Tuesday, February 18th from 8:30 am to 12 noon
- Friday, February 28th from 8:30 am to 12 noon
To go ahead and apply, please click the button below:
- Must be a MI registered voter
- High School Diploma / GED not required
- Must attend mandatory training days
- Must be able to work on election day. Start time begins at 5:45 am and ends when all ballots have been processed.
FOR REGISTRATION PURPOSES ALL APPLICANTS MUST PRESENT THE FOLLOWING:
- Your valid (non-expired) Michigan ID or Driver’s License
- Your Social Security Card or Passport
- Several copies of your resume
- A copy of your DD214 or letter from the VA if you are a veteran
- Proof of public assistance income like an award letter from DHS or Social Security
- Proof of any income earned from a job in the past 6 months (check stub)
- A copy of your layoff notice or Unemployment documentation, if you are laid off
Capacity is limited. Recruitment dates and times are subject to change.