JumpStart your career today! Apply by September 30th, 2023, to be considered.
The City of Detroit wants to support you in getting back to work!
JumpStart (a program administered by Detroit at Work) is designed for Detroit residents who’ve been unemployed or underemployed and/or not in training or education for at least 6 months.* Participants receive education, training, mentoring, payments and more over 18 months.
*Consideration will be given to those who have worked or participated in any education/training program less than 80 hours over the past 6 months (24 weeks).
Who can enroll?
You may be eligible for JumpStart if:
- You are 18 years or older
- You live in Detroit
- You have not worked more than 80 hours over the past 6 months (24 weeks)
- You have not participated in any job training/education program more than 80 hours over the past 6 months (24 weeks)
As a JumpStart participant, you may receive:
- Monthly stipend over 18 months (to help with transportation, childcare, and other life expenses)
- Job training at no cost to the participant (if needed)
Help finding a job with our employer partners across Detroit
Additional support through a dedicated mentor organization/in-Detroit organization (IDO)
Mentorship is an important component of the JumpStart program. All participants receive guidance and one-on-one support throughout the program. JumpStart has partnered with 17 mentor organizations (often referred to as IDOs) located in neighborhoods across the city to provide support services. Click here to find out more about the organizations so you can select who you want to work with.