Start Your Career in Advanced Manufacturing
Dreaming of a new job with good pay and benefits? Want to be a part of metro Detroit’s revitalized manufacturing industry? If so, a career in advanced manufacturing may be right for you. Detroit at Work is recruiting now for several different programs based in Detroit and nearby suburbs. After completing a 4-to 15-week long program you can earn an industry-recognized credential and get connected with employers looking to hire. Depending on the program, you can make $15 to $18 per hour to start plus benefits.
All programs follow safety guidelines related to COVID-19, with some training offered virtually where possible.
In order to qualify, you’ll need to provide documents that show you meet the following criteria:
- Authorized to work in the US
- In one or more priority groups: veteran or spouse of veteran, laid off from work, low-income, or other Detroit residents facing challenges to getting a job
- A career coach will explain more and help guide you through this process!
If you qualify, the program is free and includes help with childcare, transportation, ID/driver’s license and other supports. Detroit residents will receive a laptop and internet access while in training.
To learn more visit our training page and check out the following programs:
- CNC Operator
- Robotic Programmer
- Robotic Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Controls Technician
The following programs are recruiting now:
- Focus Hope
- Industrial Manufacturing Pathways
- CNC Operations Technician
- Macomb Community College
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Robot Technician
- Robot Programmer
To get started with enrollment, call us at 313-962-WORK (9675) and ask to speak to a career coach about manufacturing training.