Adult Education - GED/High School Completion
Join the online Detroit At Work community here:
Adult Education Programs
Detroit at Work and Detroit Public School Community District (DPSCD) have partnered to move adult education programs into neighborhood Career Centers.
- DPSCD adult education programs are 100% tuition free and include in class and online options.
- 3 programs offered
- GED Preparation
- High School Completion (upon transcript review)
- Educational Enrichment
- You can enroll into adult education at any time between September and May and go at your own pace, choosing the number of days and hours per week you spend in instruction.
- All adult learners will also have access to Detroit at Work’s job readiness workshops, information on in-demand careers and special hiring opportunities.
Education Pays: On average, those with High School Diplomas/GEDs earn more per week. To see the data, click here.
Learn to Earn: Intensive Program Designed to help Detroiters
This accelerated program is designed to help Detroiters get their GED or high school diploma quickly while earning a stipend and preparing to move into a chosen Training or Career.
What makes this program unique?
- Get your GED or diploma in record time!
- With 20 hours per week (program minimum), many students can earn a GED/diploma in as little as 4-6 months!
- Learn about careers and build job skills!
- Build skills that help you get a new or better job after you earn your GED/diploma. A career coach will help you explore training and career options.
- Program includes a weekly stipend & other support!
- A stipend for up to 6 months. You must be a Detroit resident to qualify.
- Other supports available for adult learners who commit to the program and meet other requirements: a laptop, internet access, help with transportation and referrals to childcare, etc.
Ready to Enroll: Start with Detroit at Work
- You will be automatically registered for your next step once you click the LOGIN/SIGN UP button, enter your login information, under Workshops, register for the GED/HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION VIDEO, then go to Registered Workshops to watch the video.
o If you are new to Detroit at Work you will answer a few questions to set up a profile. If you are a returning user and cannot remember your password, please select ‘Forgot Password’ on the login screen.
- A career center professional will call you within 3 days to start the process and register you for an initial test. Your results will help DPSCD and Detroit at Work determine which program is best for you.
***If you need help enrolling or need access to a computer to enroll, contact Detroit at Work at (313) 962-9675 (WORK) and ask to be connected to a Career Center to enroll into adult education programs.
NOTE: DPSCD’s English as a Second Language program (ESL) will remain at its same locations. For information on ESL programs or for more detailed information on DPSCD’s GED and high school completion programs, please visit detroitk12.org/adulted.
Join the online Detroit at Work community to access jobs, workshops and more.
- If you registered for FCA job opportunities and events, then you already have an account and you can ‘Log In’ using the email and password you used to register.
- If you have received services at a Career Center in the past five years and you remember the email address you provided, use that email address to Log In (if you don’t remember your password, please use the ‘Forgot Your Password’ link to reset it)
- If you have received services at a Career Center in the past five years but you don’t remember the email address you provided, call 313-962-WORK so we can look up your account and give you access
- If you are new to our system, please click ‘Sign Up’ to create a new account.
- If you are unsure or need assistance, please call 313-962-WORK (9675).