Please attend our next recruitment event on: Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Check-in time: 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (No admittance after 9:00 a.m.)
Location: 18100 Meyers Rd., Detroit, MI 48210
You must wear business attire (no jeans/gym shoes). This is a first level interview. Capacity is limited.
Durations of recruitment events vary, so please be prepared to spend up to the full day with us.
A well-known international manufacturing company, with multiple locations in the metro Detroit area, is looking for Production workers at its newest facility located on Detroit’s East Side. The Production worker will participate in one-week paid training at Focus Hope, where you will be exposed to both classroom and hands-on job-related activities. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be assigned to your department and shift. Starting rate $13.00/hour with a $0.40/hour increase after 6 Months.
• Rotate through all the tasks required in a production process
• Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products
• Assemble, align, and clamp workpieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components
• Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
• Fit and align fabricated parts to be welded or assembled
• TABE test administered at Focus Hope (6th Grade equivalent in Reading Comprehension)
• Must participate in a (1) one-week paid training (30 Hours) at Focus Hope
• Ability to work rotating shifts, Days and Afternoons-rotates every 2-weeks
• Willing to work Overtime as required
• Agree to drug screen and background check
FOR REGISTRATION PURPOSES ALL APPLICANTS MUST PRESENT THE FOLLOWING:
• Your valid (non-expired) Michigan ID or Driver’s License
• Your Social Security Card or Passport
• Several copies of your resume
• A copy of your DD214 or letter from the VA if you are a veteran
• Proof of public assistance income like an award letter from DHS or Social Security
• Proof of any income earned from a job in the past 6 months (check stub)
• A copy of your layoff notice or Unemployment documentation, if you are laid off