Apply by July 22nd to Start in Fall 2022
Jump start your career in customer service with the Customer Service Professional Certificate brought to you by Detroit at Work and Henry Ford College.
This program takes place over four months in Fall 2022 where you will learn problem solving, team building basic computer skills, and communication skills.
Graduates will have the opportunity to join customer service teams at DTE, Henry Ford Health, Rocket Companies, and Strategic Staffing Solutions. You can also continue your education once you receive your certificate.
Learn more about this program by registering for one of our Upcoming Employer Information Sessions. Managers from DTE, Henry Ford Health, Rocket Companies, and Strategic Staffing Solutions will be there to talk about job openings and what it's like to work at their companies. This is a great chance to see if this program is right for you.
Upcoming Employer Information Sessions
- Employer Session #1: July 18th @ 12 p.m. EST - Register Here:
- Employer Session #2: July 20th @ 12 p.m. EST - Register Here: https://desc.force.com/detroitatwork/s/skills-building?eventId=a0l4v00000HdG3WAAV
How to Take Part in the Opportunity:
1. Review the information about the participating companies below and learn more about what being a Customer Service Representative means.
2. Attend one of our Employer Information Sessions
3. Begin the Application Process with Henry Ford College (see below for a helpful checklist and links to get started!)
4. Start the program
5. Once you graduate with your certificate, Detroit at Work and the participating employers will help you find the Customer Service job that is right for you!
Checklist for Applying to the program at Henry Ford College:
- STEP 1: Apply https://www.hfcc.edu/apply
- STEP 2: Request official High school Diploma, GED, or equivalent transcripts: https://www.hfcc.edu/documents
- STEP 3: Complete FAFSA application and see related information: https://www.hfcc.edu/financial-aid
- STEP 4: Schedule virtual or in person course placement information: https://www.hfcc.edu/placement
Learn more about each participating employer by clicking the tabs below.
The future is bright at DTE!
Join us to serve our customers and communities with purpose and passion.
DTE is one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified energy companies, proudly serving Michigan for over a century. Year after year we are an award-winning, nationally recognized employer. In 2022, we ranked in the top 200 of Forbes America’s Best Large Employers list.
We also support communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies and energy services in 19 states.
We are innovating the energy grid of the future, continuously improving services within our communities, and actively contributing as a force for good in the places where we live and work.
Together, we can accomplish more than you can imagine.
Join us in building a better future for generations to come.
- DTE recognizes Henry Ford College, Customer Service Professional Certificate program as a recognized credential to its Customer Resolution Specialist (CRS) job opportunities and hires more than 150 CRS every year
- Customer Resolution Specialist, main accountabilities are answering incoming customer phone calls and resolving customer inquiries related to but not limited to turn-on and disconnection of services, electrical and gas outages, and gas leaks.
- Average starting wage is $17.99 an hour + benefits!
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) match
- Paid training
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program (car rental, hotel, entertainment, etc.)
- This is a work from home opportunity aka remote work
- Potential Job Roles a Customer Resolution Specialist can move into:
- Customer Resolution Specialist II
- Sr. Customer Resolution Specialist
- Analyst (regular-senior)
- Continuous Improvement and many more!
Rocket Companies® and the affiliated Family of Companies are comprised of around 100 businesses that span fintech, real estate, sports, entertainment and more. Because of this variety, the career possibilities here are practically infinite.
Rocket Companies is a Detroit-based organization made up of businesses that span mortgages, real estate, automotive, personal finance and more. Our goal is to be the best at helping our clients with simple, fast and trusted digital solutions to navigate life’s most complex moments. In doing so, we’ve empowered millions of people to build brighter financial futures for themselves and their families.
Work for the Health Care System that Brings Out the Best In You! Join our team and make a positive difference!
Henry Ford Health is one of the nation's leading health care providers and a not-for-profit corporation. Henry Ford Health is made up of 30,000 amazing individuals who collectively ensure the health of our communities. Our flagship location, Henry Ford Hospital has been located in Detroit since its inception in 1915. Henry Ford Health is the fifth-largest employer in metro Detroit, and among the most diverse. Our health system and hospitals have received recognition for “Top Docs”, Best Places to Work for Nurses, Diversity, Excellent Care, Innovative Programs and One of The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in metro Detroit.
Henry Ford Health is committed to transforming lives and communities through health and wellness - one person at a time.
Henry Ford Health recognizes Henry Ford College, Customer Service Professional Certificate program as a recognized credential for its various Customer Service focused roles and hires over 100 in those areas every year; including the following:
- Contact Center Advocate - Schedule patient appointments. New patient registration; updates registration and insurance information; responds to telephone inquiries from all callers/customers; follows established protocols for prescription request and/or messaging. Advocates on the caller/customer behalf to ensure their needs are met. Acts as a welcoming front door for all callers/customers. THIS ROLE CAN BE REMOTE
- Clinic Service Representative – On site in a medical center, perform patient registration activities including patient reception, face-to-face check in and check out, preregistration, insurance verification, cash collections, chart reconciliation and patient discharge.
For most of us, health care coverage is the first thing that comes to mind when we hear the word “benefits.” Henry Ford Health understands this and continues to offer medical/vision/prescription options to meet these needs. My Choice Rewards offers a number of different options for combined medical/vision/ prescription coverage. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as our employees. There are dozens of options for all of our employees including benefits, work/life balance and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. Some of our My Choice Rewards/benefits offered are below:
- Adoption assistance
- Combined Time Off (CTO)
- Dental coverage, including adult orthodontia
- Dependent scholarship program
- Employee discounts for sporting events, local businesses and automobile purchases
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Free parking throughout Henry Ford Health
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Pay advances for U.S. hourly employees through Branch
- Premier purchasing program, which allows you to buy electronics, appliances, furniture and other items through payroll deduction
- Retirement and pension programs
- Tuition assistance
- Voluntary, employee-paid benefits, such as critical illness, accident insurance, hospital indemnity, legal services, pet insurance, etc
Career Pathway Opportunities:
- Contact Center Advocate II
- Medical Assistant
- Clinical Apprenticeships
- Optical Career Pathway
- And numerous other pathways in healthcare